I really liked the taste of the meal, although it took longer to make than I expected (about an hour). The recipe said it served 4, but I got a good 6 servings out of it! Weight Watchers points: four servings, 8 points, six servings 6 points.
Smothered Chicken with Brown Rice
- 4 slices bacon (I cooked up 7 or 8 because I know my boys like bacon)
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 4 large carrots (1 lb.), thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth, divided (I used 2 bouillon cubes dissolved in 1 cup boiling water)
- 2 oz. cream cheese (I used 3 sections of Laughing Cow cheese)
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
Add chicken to skillet and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side until golden brown and done to 165 degrees F. Transfer chicken to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
Add carrots and onions to skillet with 1/2 cup of broth. Cover and simmer 10 min. or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in broth and cream cheese. Cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickening, stirring frequently. Return chicken to skillet and cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
Spoon rice onto serving plate and top with chicken, sauce, and bacon.